Organizations Offering Scholarships and Grants
- Dollars for Scholars - Dollars for Scholars is locally based (1,200) volunteer-driven chapter serving students in nearly 4,000 communities across the country. These chapters help hometown students achieve educational goals by raising scholarship funds, establishing endowments, providing assistance with college readiness and the financial aid process, and distributing scholarships each year. The student should check with their local high school to see if the program is offered in their school.
- Clark Foundation Scholarships - The Clark Foundation Scholarship is available to all students who have attended one of the following schools:
Otsego Area Occupational Center
Enrolled students may contact the Clark Foundation at 607-547-9927 to obtain the paperwork to apply for the scholarship. The time period for applying is from May 1 through September 15. A student must have an overall average of 87 to participate in this program.
- Department of the Army - The Otsego Area School of Practical Nursing entered into an Educational Service with the Department of the Army for Government personnel who are interested in receiving licensed practical nursing instruction in our facility.
The Government will pay for tuition and fees applicable to the services performed at the OASPN site.
- New York State Labor Department - Registered apprenticeship training programs may be conducted by a single employer, a group of employers, or jointly by a union and employer(s) called a a Joint Apprenticeship Committee (JAC).
The OASPN PN program is a health-related program which falls into this program.
A student may contact the CDP Workforce at www.labor.state.ny.us or www.cdoworkforce.org to obtain additional information regarding this program.
- Oneonta Chapter - National Society Daughters of the American Revolution - Each year there is a $500.00 scholarship given to an applicant who is either an Fox Hospital Junior Volunteer, an Oneonta High School student or a person residing in the Greater Oneonta Area.
The application deadline is May 1st of the current year.
- HRSA - The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services - Nursing Scholarship Program -
The purpose of the Nursing Scholarship Program (NSP) is to provide scholarships to nursing students in exchange for a minimum 2-year full time-service commitment (or part-time equivalent), at an eligible health care facility with a critical shortage of nurses. For additional information on the program, click here. All applications must be in by May 15th if you plan to attend the practical nursing program.
- NYSFAAA - The New York State Financial Aid Administrators Association, Inc -
There are several scholarship databases available on this site to find money for college. Please click onto the following website: http://www.nysfaaa.org/docs/student_family/scholarship_searches.html to review the many grants and scholarships that may help you to obtain financial assistance.