ONC BOCES PN PROGRAM
STUDENT LOAN CODE OF CONDUCT
The Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) of 2008 requires an institution participating in a Title IV loan program to develop, publish, administer, and enforce a code of conduct related to administration of Title IV loan programs. The ONC BOCES Practical Nursing Program adheres to the following student loan of conduct. This code applies to its officers, employees and agents who work with this program.
The Code of Conduct which the Practical Nursing follows:
- The ONC BOCES Practical Nursing program prohibits anyone from receiving anything of value from any lending institution in exchange for any advantage sought by the lending institution. Lenders can no longer pay to be on our preferred lender list which specifically prohibits "revenue sharing" between the lender and the school.
- The ONC BOCES Practical Nursing program prohibits anyone from taking anything of more than nominal value fro any lending institution. This includes trips for financial aid officers and other college officials paid by the lender.
- The ONC BOCES Practical Nursing program prohibits anyone to receive anything of value from serving on an advisory board of any lending institution.
- Preferred lender lists must be based solely on the best insterests of the students or parents. This ensures that preferred lenders will be those that the school has determined would be preferred by students as opposed to preferred by the school.
- On all preferred lender lists, the ONC BOCES Practical Nursing program must clearly and fully disclose the criteria and process used to select preferred lenders. Students are also told that they have the right to select the lender of their choice regardless of what appears on the preferred lender list.
- No lender may appear on a preferred lender list if the lender has an agreement to sell its loans to another lender without disclosing this fact to the student. In addition, no lender may bargain to be a preferred lender with respect to certain types of loans by providing benefits to the ONC BOCES Practical Nursing program using another type of loan.
- The ONC BOCES Practical Nursing program ensures that all employees of lenders never indentify themselves to students as an employee of the program. No employee of any lender may not work in or provide staffing assistance in our financial aid office.