|ONC BOCES Recruitment Services
TheBoard of Cooperative Educational Services of the Sole SupervisoryDistrict of Otsego, Delaware, Schoharie and Greene Counties does notdiscriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexualorientation, disability, genetic disposition or age in theeducational programs or activities which it operates, including, butnot limited to, access to facilities in accordance with the Boy Scoutsof America Equal Access Act of 2001, 20 U.S.C. 7905, which requiresequal access for the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youthgroups to meet at public schools.
Cooperative Personnel Recruitment is a serviceavailable to all component school districts in the ONC BOCES region. This shared service assists schools in recruiting personnel includingadministrators, teachers, and support personnel. There are two components of this service available.
Level I provides substantially reduced rates for advertising, coordination and distribution of candidate information, attendance at recruitment fairs, liaison activities with colleges and universities, and development of strategies to attract applicants to the region.
OLAS Online Application
OLAS has added several new features to based to further support recruitment efforts. OLAS will also be adding more in the near future. The new features include:
- Availability of expanded Excel spread sheet showing a snapshot view of the candidates’ information that can be saved or printed and used for sorting purposes
- Ability to find applicants more easily under a particular posting
- Ability to search by years and type of administrative experience
- Ability to search by teaching experience using multiple grade ranges
- Ability to click and print application, resume and cover letter for one person
- Ability to check off 15 applicants at one time instead of one by one
- Ability for candidates to upload a job specific writing sample
- Ability to search by National Board Certification
- Ability to search by those applicants that uploaded job specific cover letters
Ifyou are seeking a job in a school district in New York State, do whatsuccessful applicants have done, use OLAS. Participating New York Statedistricts have committed to using this system as their primary sourcefor filling vacancies.
Benefits to Applicants
- Free to applicants.
- Can view and apply to current vacancies.
- Can apply to additional vacancies as they become available.
- Application can be updated at any time.
- Instant e-mail confirmation.
- Candidate application history report available.
- Application remains active for one year.
- Application can be viewed by all districts or can exclude a specific district.
- Applicant Wizard.
- Internet-based application form accessible from any computer with Internet access.
- Applicants use unique user name and password, to allow for easy editing and updating of each individual application.
- Application includes resume and cover letter as formatted by applicant
- Cover letters can be tailored to specific jobs.
- Site provides maps of New York State regions and school district locations
- Vacancies updated daily.
-Web site provides hot links to school district sites, NYS Department ofEducation, professional education organizations, college placementoffices and more.
- Verisign secure site.
Diane Matteson, Human Resources Coordinator
Tammy Pochily, Personnel Assistant/Regional Certification Specialist
Tara Nolet, Personnel Assistant
Otsego Northern Catskills BOCES
Human Resources Department
PO Box 382, 2020 Jump Brook Road
Grand Gorge, NY 12434
(607) 588-6291 Ext. 2177 or 2178 Voice
(607) 588-7022 Fax