The federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act authorizes colleges to award Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF) to students for their expenses related to the disruption of their education due to coronavirus, such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care and child-care expenses.
ONC BOCES Practical Nursing Program signed a Certification and Agreement with the U.S. Department of Education, committing to use no less than 50% of funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students. This amounts to approximately $31,000.00 that will be provided to ONC PN Students directly.
ONC BOCES Practical Nursing Program has distributed $000.00 of Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of August 21, 2020.
We are committed to providing this economic relief money directly to our students in as transparent and expeditious a manner as possible.
Applications for the grant have been sent to all students who meet the criteria listed below. * Applications are being processed and we estimate awarding CARES funds to approximately 94% of the student population enrolled during COVID-19.
*All eligible students will receive support. Eligible students must have:
- Been enrolled for the Spring 2020 semester as of March 13, 2020
- A completed 2019-2020 FAFSA with a valid Expected Family Contribution (EFC) calculation
- Be Title IV eligible, which includes a completed verification (if selected)
- Be in good standing for the Federal Satisfactory Academic Progress assessment for the Spring 2020 semester
Ineligible students, as per Federal and ONC BOCES Practical Nursing guidelines, include those students during the Spring 2020 semester who:
- Did not complete the FAFSA, do not have a valid EFC, are not Title IV eligible, or who were not meeting the minimum Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards for the Spring 2020 semester
Please Note: Once applications have all been complied a final determination of distribution of funds will be made.