Deaf & Hard of Hearing Services offered through Itinerant Services:
- Orientation and information about deafness and hearing loss; impact of hearing loss on academic instruction and progress.
- Academic teaching and pre-teaching for students with hearing loss.
- Advocate for students with hearing loss.
- Assistance with FM systems for classrooms: research, consult, assemble for use (not wired-in systems), assist teachers to optimize use of FM systems.
- Self-advocacy training for students with hearing loss. Hearing aid and FM system orientation for students.
- Consultation with teachers for best learning strategies for students with hearing loss. Collaboration with teachers who have these students in their classrooms.
- Consultation about accommodations and classroom modifications for students with hearing loss.
- Resources about sign language, including teaching.
- Print materials on deafness and hearing loss.