Legislation and/or Regulation:
Various agencies regulate Indoor Air Quality, including EPA, SED and Department of Health. The main guidance, in the form of Indoor Air Quality "Tools for Schools" comes from the EPA. There are few mandated standards for indoor air quality contaminant levels.
Safety/Risk Management Staff is experienced in investigating indoor air quality issues. When air testing is warranted, we can conduct a battery of tests to determine ventilation, levels of specific substances in the air, etc.
What the SRM Service can do to help:
Training and Workshops:
- Indoor Air Quality Awareness
- We can provide information and updates to your staff on indoor air quality issues in general and specific to your school building.
- IAQ investigation.
- Liaison with local and state Department Of Health and EPA.
- Air testing and monitoring, swipe sampling and Inspection.
- Inspection of ventilation system and other building systems that may contribute to the status of air quality in the school building.