Students have the opportunity to gain skills, knowledge, and experience in an environment rich with resources and cutting-edge technologies.
- Work in a lab created and maintained by the students.
- Acquire hands-on learn-by-doing training in a world-of-work capacity.
- Obtain live work experience and opportunities from local employers and walk-in clients.
- Develop and manage clientele while learning to market your skills in industry.
- Perform as self-directed individuals and as cooperative members of a team.
- Participate in student leadership activities and professional organizations.
- Exercise the freedom to pursue special interests and diversified IT career goals.
- Receive training from highly skilled seasoned professionals.
- Learn career planning, job seeking, resume writing and interview skills.
- Develop successful “soft skills” while obtaining industry credentials for core technical skills that employers look for when hiring IT professionals.
Student Career Goals
Computer Repair Technician • Desktop Administration, Help Desk & Technical Support Personnel • Information Management and Desktop Productivity Software • Network Technician & Network Administration • Network Security • Positions in Internet, Intranet and World Wide Web related professions • Positions in sales, education, clerical support and consultation • Management of Information Systems and IT Projects • Database Management • Programmer/Analyst and Software Design • Pursuits in financial management, bookkeeping and business related endeavors
- CompTIA A+ PC Technician & Repair; Network+; Security+ and Related Certifications.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP/MCT) Certifications and MCSA/MCSE related credentials.
- Microsoft Certified Application Specialist (MCAS/MOS)
- Certiport Internet and Computing Core Certification (IC3)
- Freedom to pursue other industry recognized IT credentials.
Articulation Agreements and Advanced Placement with College Credits
After completing the program, students can receive credits and/or advanced placement in colleges that have articulated agreements with OAOC. Many program related courses are accepted and college credits are granted through these present agreements.
Student Organizations and Professional Affiliations
SkillsUSA is a partnership of students, teachers and industry working together to ensure America has a skilled work force while helping each student excel.
CompTIA is the voice of the world's information technology (IT) industry. As a non-profit trade association advancing the global interests of IT professionals and companies, CompTIA is the international leading provider of technology-neutral and vendor-neutral IT professional certifications.
Microsoft Certification, you have the skills and tools that are necessary to help increase your job opportunities, satisfaction and productivity. Microsoft Certifications are developed to help you learn at all stages of your career and are recognized and valued world wide.
Certiport is the world leader in performance-based certification exams and practice test solutions for academic.