Legislation and/or Regulation:
OSHA protects workers and building inhabitants during construction and/or renovation. SED regulations protect building occupants where renovation is taking place.
EPA governs worker/contractor training and certification for lead abatement projects.
What the SRM Service can do to help:
Training and Workshops:
- Lead Awareness Training
- We can provide awareness training to operations and maintenance staff on lead paint and materials in their building.
- Lead Abatement Training
- We can arrange and advise staff on certification for handling lead during renovation and construction.
- Perform a lead inspection of school facilities.
- Advise the district on strategies for lead abatement.
- Assist district workers in handling lead properly.
- Act as a liaison between the district and relevant governing agency.