Legislation and/or Regulation:
The New York State DEC and the Federal EPA regulate storage tanks, tank systems, both above and below the ground systems, and need to meet certain standards. Tanks must be registered,
inspected and tested on a periodic basis. Product spills must be monitored, reported and abated according to DEC guidelines.
What the SRM Service can do to help:
- Liaison with DEC on tank management issues.
- Assist with registration of new and existing tanks.
- Consultation on design of the new tanks and retrofitting old tanks.
- Coordination of tank leak detection and recordkeeping, as well as reconciliation of tank inventory.
- Advisement during spill events and liaison with DEC inspector.