Underground Injection Control

Underground injection
Legislation and/or Regulation:
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency regulates hazardous discharges into underground areas through their Underground Injection Control (UIC) program.

In schools, this most often affects drywell discharges from areas such as auto and technology shops, cosmetology, boiler rooms, greenhouses, science laboratories, etc.

If you have any of these areas, and they discharge sinks and/or floor drains into drywells, you are covered by UIC. Most drywells of this type must be closed and removed under this EPA mandate.

What the SRM Service can do to help:
  • Evaluation of discharges into drywells.
  • Act as a liaison between the district and the EPA.
View text-based website