Legislation and/or Regulation:
Schools that supply their own water (i.e. through wells) are considered public water suppliers. Water supply programs are governed by the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation; water operator training is governed by the NYS Department of Health.
What the SRM Service can do to help:
Training and Workshops:
- Water Supply Operator Course
- We can arrange training for staff who oversee water systems (i.e. wells) in your school buildings.
- Assist staff in managing a water system.
- Arrange for staff training and re-training.
- Act as a liaison with the NYS DEC and Department of Health.