Skip to Main Content

Otsego Northern Catskills



Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Where do I submit medical claims?
A: Medical claims can be submitted to Excellus BCBS electronically or via mail. To submit electronically, log in to your Excellus BCBS online account; click on "Claims," click on "Submit Claims," select "Medical or Vision Claims," and follow the instructions provided. To submit via mail, complete the claim form and mail to Excellus BCBS, P.O. Box 21146, Eagan, MN 55121. Medical claim forms can be found on the Medical Coverage tab.

Q: Where do I submit dental claims?
A: Dental claims can be submitted to Ameritas Group Claims, P.O. Box 82595, Lincoln, NE 68501-2595. Dental claim forms can be found on the Dental Coverage tab.

Q: How long can my dependent remain on my medical plan? Dental plan?
A: Effective September 1, 2021, dependents can remain on both medical and dental plans up to age 26, regardless of student status.

Q: How can I save money on my prescriptions?
A: Asking for a generic version of your prescription may save you on out-of-pocket costs.

Q: I did not receive an Explanation of Benefits for my claim. How do I get one?
A: Explanation of Benefits can be found on your account at You will be able to view and/or print the form as well as review the claim status. You may also contact the CASEBP office, and an associate will be able to assist.

Q: What do I need to do to make a change to my plan?
A: Contact your district's Benefit Clerk to complete an enrollment form and submit all proper documentation. Please note certain changes are only allowed during your district's open enrollment period. For more information or questions, please contact the CASEBP office.

Q: Am I required to see a participating provider?
A: No; however, going to a participating provider will reduce your out-of-pocket costs. To find a participating provider, please visit

Q: I went to Bassett Hospital for a service that would normally require a deductible, but I was not charged anything. Should I expect a bill to come at a later date?
A: Possibly; most services rendered by Bassett or AO Fox employed physicians, or at the facilities owned and operated by Bassett or AO Fox, will not have a deductible or coinsurance charged to the member. However, some durable medical equipment will be subject to the deductible and/or coinsurance. For more information or questions, please contact the CASEBP office.

Q: When should I go to an Urgent Care Center? When should I go to the Emergency Room?
A: Click on the links below for helpful brochures to assist in determining which facility you should go to.

Q: What is a Flexible Spending Account?
AA flexible spending account (or FSA) is an employer-sponsored healthcare and dependent care benefit that allows employees to set aside up to $3,050 (2023) annually to cover the costs of qualified medical expenses, and up to $5,000 (2023) annually to cover the costs of qualified dependent care expenses. It’s a lot like a savings account but used for qualified health-related and dependent care costs. FSAs work on an annual plan year basis and are funded through regular payroll deductions on a pre-tax basis. For more information, click here.