The Catskill Area School Study Council (CASSC) was first organized in 1951 as a partnership between the area's school districts and the State University College at Oneonta. In 1971, the Council was chartered by the New York State Board of Regents. Operation of the Study Council represents one of the longest continuous running education partnerships in the region.
In 1991, the administrative functions of the Council were placed under the diretion of the Otsego Northern Catskills BOCES. However, this arrangement did not alter the Council's standing partnership with the State University College at Oneonta. The college continues to house the Council's headquarters on the college campus and to provide use of their facilities for CASSC's many events.
MEMBERSHIP IN CASSC
Membership in the Catskill Area School Study Council is a prerequisite for participation in all Council programs. Membership is open to all school districts in the ONC BOCES and DCMO BOCES.
The Catskill Area School Study Council is affiliated with the Study Council Alliance of New York (SCANYS), which allows local members to gain member rate privileges at any of the Study Council Affiliate programs throughout New York State.