The goals of the ONC BOCES Central Business Office (CBO) service are to meet the non-instructional/business or financial needs of the school district and to help districts adapt to the 21st century's changing landscape for delivery of educational services.
Our CBO services are offered on an a la carte basis because we realize the needs of the districts and to insure a cost-effective system for the functions of the school business office.These services also increase segregation of duties to assist districts in complying with all State and Federal audit requirements.
The CBO staff consists of highly-trained professionals with school district experiences. The CBO staff's extensive knowledge creates a diverse and exceptional team.
The Central Business Office services include fiscal monitoring, annual reporting to NYSED and other agencies, cash flow management, payroll, accounts payable, trial balance, board financial reports, warrant, financial statement and check reconciliations, financial audit preparation, Medicaid billing and Claims Auditing. Other financial services provided to the school district include budget development guidance and training for the Board of Education, Superintendent, and staff on financial matters.
Additionally, CBO operations fully support both WinCap and Finance Manager accounting software systems and provide full personnel backup for all clients in every service area.
The Co-Ser for Business Office Support was approved as a pilot in 1995 by The New York State Education Department with the following requirements:
- Centralized Business Office operation
- Shared Business Manager and Support Personnel
- Demonstration of cost effectiveness (before BOCES Aid)
- Participation of two or more districts
- Treasurer must be an employee of the district.
The Central Business Office offers the following Services:
- Management Services
- Advanced Accounting and Finance Services
- Accounts Payable Services
- Payroll Accounting Services
- Medicaid Billing Service
- Student Activity Accounting Service
- Internal Claims Auditing
- Active participation in each district's annual independent audit as well as all Federal and NYS Comptroller's audits.
Please contact Thomas Murphy, Business Administrator, Central Business Office, at 607-588-6291 ext. 2136 if you would like him to provide more information about each service.