"For every month school is in session, K-12 students are required to receive 45 minutes of arson and fire prevention education."
Our Mission Statement
"To provide safe environments for school personnel and students through school and community partnerships, continued communication with school districts, state and regional agencies and by providing educational awareness programs in health, life and safety"
Safety and Risk Management
Joshua M. Reiss
Safety Risk Officer/Program Coordinator
Phone: 607-286-7715 Ext. 2606
With the flu season/COVID-19 upon us, we would like to remain cautious. Attached you will find the latest and most comprehensive PreK-12 guidance from NYSDOH & NYSED regarding COVID-19. It can also be found, along with many other resources, on the NYSED Student Support Services page HERE.
continue to remind your students, staff and parents that the best methods to
reduce their risk of COVID-19 and other influenza are to:
- Wash your hands often, using soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, stay at least 6 feet apart.
- Stay home when you are sick. If you have symptoms of COVID-19 contact your health care provider or hospital BEFORE going.
- Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue, then immediately dispose of the tissue.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces at least daily.
This is a
good CDC handwashing video which can be shared with them.
You can also call the NYS Coronavirus Hotline at 1-888-364-3065 with questions and/or concerns about travel and symptoms.
This is a good time to update your pandemic or communicable disease written plan. If your district does not have one, there is a template plan attached which can be modified to suit your needs.
always, please contact Safety & Risk Management if you have questions or
need any assistance.
Please see the links below for further information:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC
New York State Department of Health NYSDOH
We have also provided the following documents:
Preparedness Policy Template
“What is Safety/Risk?”
The Safety and Risk program assists participating districts in areas of life, health and safety issues as well as assisting in understanding, interpreting and complying with federal and state regulations that are applicable to the schools in all areas of safety and risk management.