The Employee Relations Office can assist with many aspects of the Negotiations process, including:
- Providing a Chief Negotiator for the District. The Employee Relations Director, as well as several of the Service's Employees are trained to serve in this position.
- Meeting with District Superintendents and Boards of Education to establish the negotiation goals.
- Aiding the District in preparing Proposals, Counter-Proposals, and Tentative Agreements.
- Assisting during the Impasse and Fact-Finding stages.
- Assisting the District with the integration of new language into Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Answering questions regarding the Taylor Law and the Mandatory and Non-Mandatory Subjects of Bargaining.